Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Just a thought

Do you ever have one of those moments where you are completely content? The other morning I was the peanut butter in a Grayson and Troy sandwhich in bed. Grayson awoke early so I brought him to our bed to snuggle ( I know...tisk tisk ) Troy was out cold from too many sleepless nights and eventually Grayson fell asleep. I just layed there listening to them both breathe. I thought about how amazing it was that 5 months ago I layed in bed with this enormous belly wondering what my son would look like and how life would be with him in it. Then I would turn and see Troy sleeping next to me and I would wonder if this would be the last night he would be there. I know it sounds awful but you think about the worst when you are scared of the unknown. Now, today, my bed is filled with a husband, although sick, with a hopeful future and a chubby little baby that makes me smile with every grin. I never loved the sound of breathing more.

3 comments:

  1. Sometimes we forget the simplest things that makes us appreciate what we have. Like watching someone breathe. Take advantage of those moments because that won't always be there. Before you know it everyone will be up and running around and you won't be able to keep track of them. Enjoy the quiet moments when you have the chance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As Members of Pathway Church, we just wanted to let your family know we are continuing to pray for you all as Troy is finishing Chemo.

    Is. 46:3-4 "You whom I have upheld since you were conceived, and have carried since your birth. Even to your old age and gray hairs I am he, I am he who will sustain you. I have made you and I will carry you. I will sustain you and I will rescue you."

    Melanie and Jeremy Gall

    ReplyDelete