Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Whoa Baby!





Hey Everyone! Sorry it took so long to update but we've been a little busy here in the Floor house. FYI if anyone is up between midnight and 4am so are we!!! Grayson really likes the night life.
As you all know Grayson finally decided to make his appearance on his real due date so we can't really give the kid a hard time. Labor went really well (esp. since Gavin took 23hrs) and we were all shocked to have a nearly 10 pound baby. He is chunky, healthy and perfect as far as Mom and Dad are concerned. I have a couple shout outs for awesome performances for the delivery date. They include: Mom & Dad, Mid & Dick - for getting up at 3am and coming over in the snow to babysit Gavin and drive Troy and I to the hospital (Troy is still on driving restrictions). Leah Mosher - Doula Extraordinaire- She was with me from 3am till a few hours after delivery helping me breathe through contractions, maintain my composure, walk the halls, and believe in myself. Seriously, if any ladies reading this are interested in extra support during the birthing experience I cannot say enough about Leah - AWESOME!! Troy did great. He wasn't feeling well when I went into labor and through most of my laboring time at the hospital but he fought through it and was definetly there when Grayson and I needed him. I am so proud of him battling through feeling crappy and then sleeping on the hospital couch and dealing with a rough bathroom setup for the entire stay.
Gavin took to Grayson immediately and called him "brother" the first time he saw him....so cute!! He is really loving to him and last night he gave him the sweetest goodnight kiss and hug. Grayson gets more lovin than Mom does! The first morning we were home Grayson was crying downstairs and the first thing Gavin said when he awoke in his crib was "hush" - hilarious because he is used to telling the dogs "hush."
Overall we are getting along - with much help and thanks to our moms. Today Gavin went to daycare so it was just me, Troy and Grayson at home. It has been really nice to have that quiet bonding time. A baby is such a miracle. Everytime I look at Grayson I am amazed at God's power, timing, and perfection. There is no way evolution can create a creature so perfect in his complexity. Thanks again for all the prayers, keep 'em up. We need Troy to keep getting stronger and to gain a little weight before chemo starts in a couple weeks. I hope to post some pictures if I can figure it out. Otherwise be checking your mailboxes (if I have your address).
God Bless,
Alicia

4 comments:

  1. Awww, what a cutie! Congratulations! We can't wait to meet him in person! Love, Scott, Karin, Katie and Ryan

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is perfect! I am glad to hear that everything went smoothly for you. Ellie (newest Dunaway addition) also loves the night life. I am also happy to hear that Gavin is loving his brother. That is so sweet. I will continue to pray for you all and definitely Troy. Love you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a chunk! He is adorable. Who wouldn't want to be up in the night with him? How does Gavin do when Grayson is up in the night? Cindy Foxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jim and Sharla BryantFebruary 14, 2010 at 6:05 PM

    All is so beautiful....the family...the answers to prayers....God!

    ReplyDelete